The PCGS Gold Shield Grading Process involves a number of steps to ensure that the highest level of service is provided. Each phase of the grading process is performed in accordance with our established procedures to accurately and safely grade each banknote and place them safely into the secure PCGS holder.
- Forgery or Not Genuine.
- Significantly Repaired.
- Serial Number or Color Alterations.
- Otherwise not suitable for grading.
- US denominated scrip, including goods and services, merchant and Transportation. *Checks, satire and advertisement scrip and stocks and some bonds are not eligible for certification.
- Most banknotes issued for reasons other than some form of socioeconomic exchange are not eligible for PCGS Gold Shield Grading certification.
- Some checks, satire and advertisement scrip and stocks are not eligible for certification.
- Banknote pictures.
- Most of the banknotes issued temporarily during war time or revolutionary period.