PCGS Offering Special Label For 2018 Panda Gold And Silver Commemorative Coins
(Hong Kong) – According to the Announcement of the People’s Bank of China (2017) No.15, the bank will release a series of 2018 Panda Gold and Silver Commemorative Coins, beginning Oct 30, 2017. The set contains a total of 12 commemorative coins, including six gold and silver Mint State commemorative coins (released on Oct 30, 2017) and six gold and silver Proof coins (released on Dec 8, 2017). All of them are the legal tender of the People's Republic of China.
PCGS is offering two series with four different label designs:
- Fortune Series: Good Luck and Good Fortune
Combining the traditional icon and modern style of Chinese good fortune symbols: the Lotus Flower and Koi fish. The pronunciation of lotus flower resembles good luck, while koi fish symbolizes good fortune. PCGS wishes our collectors good luck and good fortune in the coming year.
- Ink Painting Series: ChengChao Signature Label (Limited Edition) and PCGS Ink Painting Special Label
Black and white ink painting is a signature style of traditional Chinese culture. Using the style of light fluid brush strokes combined with the treasure of China (Panda), the carefree innocent nature of the panda comes alive. The painting shows panda bears playing, eating and resting together in their natural habitat in the cutest ways. PCGS wishes you all a good life like these panda bears.
There are six label choices when you submit for Panda coins:
- General label
- Special label for 2018 panda gold and silver commemorative coins
- General label + FirstStrike® designation
- Special label for 2018 panda gold and silver commemorative coins+ FirstStrike® designation
- General label + First Day of Issue designation
- Special label for 2018 panda gold and silver commemorative coins+ First Day of Issue designation
Panda Coin Designer Cheng Chao Autographed Special Label cannot apply for FirstStrike® designation and First Day of Issue designation)
Submission rules are as follows:
Special labels are available for 2018 panda gold and silver commemorative coins; Coins must fit into a standard size PCGS holder, diameter of the coins must be less than 40mm.
- Panda Coin special label (Fortune Series & Ink Painting Series): USD 5/piece (free of charge if a total of 25 pieces or above are submitted)
- FIRSTSTRIKE®: USD 5/piece
- Panda Coin Designer Cheng Chao Autographed Special Label: USD 6/piece (this label cannot apply FirstStrike® designation and First Day of Issue designation)
- First Day of Issue: USD 8/piece
- Special label + First Strike® designation: USD 10/piece
- Special label + First Day of Issue designation: USD 13/piece
- A minimum of five coins for each submission form. For batch submission, please contact our Hong Kong Office.
Fill out the application:
You may choose the special label or FIRSTSTRIKE® designation or First Day of Issue designation individually, or choose the special label plus FIRSTSTRIKE® designation or First Day of Issue designation. Your application must be indicated in the submission form, including which label, such as a note of "2018 panda coin special label (Good Luck) + First Day of Issue designation."
Application for First Day of Issue designation must be submitted to PCGS Hong Kong Submission Center before 10 am of the first workday upon coin issue; and application for FIRSTSTRIKE® designation must be submitted within 30 days upon coin issue. In case of mail submission, relevant reliable certificate for the mailing time is required.
|2018 panda gold and silver commemorative coins||Release date||First Day of Issue Cutoff date||FirstStrike® Cutoff date|
|Gold and silver Mint State commemorative coins||Oct 30, 2017||10 am, Oct 31, 2017||December 29, 2017|
|Gold and silver Proof commemorative coins||Dec 8, 2017||10 am, Dec 11, 2017||January 7, 2018|
Please contact PCGS at [email protected] for bulk submissions.
Founded in 1986 by distinguished numismatic experts, Professional Coin Grading Service is the most respected coin authentication and grading company in the world and has offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Paris and the United States.