Since Chinese zodiac gold and silver coins released in 1981, they have been loved by the majority of collectors and investors. Also, Chinese zodiac coins are one of the most important continuation projects in the history of Chinese precious metal commemorative coins. Chinese zodiac is an important part of Chinese traditional culture. Inspired by it, Chinese zodiac gold and silver coins are famous at home and abroad for their unique artistic styles and national characteristics.
According to the Announcement of the People’s Bank of China (2016) No.28, the People’s Bank of China released a series of 2017 Chinese Dingyou Year (Year of Rooster) Gold and Silver Commemorative Coins on November 16th, 2016. The set contains a total of 17 commemorative coins, including 10 gold commemorative coins and 7 silver commemorative coins. All of them are the legal tender of the People's Republic of China. PCGS offers special labels and FirstStrike® designation for all the releases.
Four options for labeling
- General label
- Special label for Dingyou Year ( Year of Rooster) gold and silver commemorative coins
- General label + FirstStrike® designation
- Special label for Dingyou Year (Year of Rooster) gold and silver commemorative coins + FirstStrike® designation
2 different designs of special labels
- Red section: Chinese traditional papercutting (Jianzhi) is integrated into the design of both sides. Together with the centered Chinese New Year greetings, they bring out a strong New Year atmosphere.
- Yellow section: Chinese traditional papercutting (Jianzhi) is delicate and concrete, featuring two symmetrical roosters. Lifelike image jumps into the eye and the rooster gesture is showed in the subtle.
Details are as follows:
- If you’d like to apply for FirstStrike®, submissions must be delivered to PCGS office within the first 30 days of issue, or there must be a postmark dated within the first 30 days of issue. The cutoff date for Dingyou Year (Year of Rooster) gold and silver commemorative coins is Dec 15, 2016.
- Special labels available for Dingyou Year (Year of Rooster) gold and silver commemorative coins issues; Coins must fit into a standard size PCGS holder, which means the diameter of the coins has to be less than 40mm.
- If you want to apply for a special label or FirstStrike® designation, you need to indicate which label you would like to use on the submission form, for example, by writing down "Rooster Gold and Silver Commemorative Coin (Red) + First Strike®”.
- Individual application of special label or FirstStrike® designation charges 5 USD/piece, while special label and First Strike® label together charge 10 USD/set (based on the rating fee).
Please contact PCGS at [email protected] for bulk submissions.
Founded in 1986 by distinguished numismatic experts, Professional Coin Grading Service is the most respected coin authentication and grading company in the world and has offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Paris and the United States.
For additional information about PCGS and its services, visit www.PCGSasia.com or email [email protected].