According to the Announcement of the People’s Bank of China (2016) No.26, People’s Bank of China started releasing a series of 2017 Panda Gold and Silver Commemorative Coins since Oct 28, 2016. The set contains a total of 12 commemorative coins, including 6 gold and silver mint state commemorative coins (released on Oct 28, 2016) and 6 gold and silver proof coins(released on Dec 15,2016). All of them are the legal tender of the People's Republic of China. PCGS offers special labels and FirstStrike® designation for all the releases.
There are four options for labeling when submitting your 2017 panda gold and silver commemorative coins:
- General label
- Special label for 2017 panda gold and silver commemorative coins
- General label + FirstStrike® designation
- 2017 panda gold and silver commemorative coins + FirstStrike® designation
Details are as follows:
- FirstStrike® Cutoff date: If you’d like to apply for FirstStrike®, submissions must be delivered to PCGS office within the first 30 days of issue, or there must be a postmark dated within the first 30 days of issue. The cutoff date is Nov 17, 2016 for gold and silver mint state commemorative coins and Jan 14, 2017 for gold and silver proof commemorative coins.
- Suitable coins: Special labels are available for 2017 panda gold and silver commemorative coins; Coins must fit into a standard size PCGS holder, which means the diameter of the coins has to be less than 40mm.
- Application instruction: If you want to apply for a special label or FirstStrike® designation, you need to indicate which label you would like to use on the submission form, for example, by writing down " 2017 panda gold and silver commemorative coins + FirstStrike®”.
- Individual application of special label or FirstStrike® designation charges 5 USD/piece, while special label and First Strike® label together charge 10 USD/set (based on the rating fee).
Please contact PCGS at [email protected] for bulk submissions.
Founded in 1986 by distinguished numismatic experts, Professional Coin Grading Service is the most respected coin authentication and grading company in the world and has offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Paris and the United States.
For additional information about PCGS and its services, visit www.PCGSasia.com or email [email protected].