(Hong Kong) – Since Chinese zodiac gold and silver coins released in 1981, they have been loved by most collectors and investors. Also, Chinese zodiac coins are one of the most important continuation projects in the history of Chinese precious metal commemorative coins. The Chinese zodiac is an important part of Chinese traditional culture. Inspired by it, Chinese zodiac gold and silver coins are famous at home and abroad for their unique artistic styles and national characteristics.
The People’s Bank of China released a series of 2017 Chinese WuXu Year (Year of the Dog) Gold and Silver Commemorative Coins on November 2017. The set contains a total of 17 commemorative coins, including 10 gold commemorative coins and seven silver commemorative coins. All of them are the legal tender of the People's Republic of China. PCGS offers special labels, First Day of Issue and FirstStrike® designation for all the releases.
This series offers four different designs:
- Abundance of Wealth
- Good Luck & Good Fortune
- Reach Higher
- Blessings from All Sides
Label design utilizes the traditional red and gold color theme to bring out the warm festive tone of our good wishes.
There are six label choices when you submit:
- General label
- Special label for WuXu Year (Year of the Dog) gold and silver commemorative coins
- General label + FirstStrike® designation
- Special label for WuXu Year (Year of the Dog) gold and silver commemorative coins + FirstStrike® designation
- General label + First Day of Issue designation
- Special label for WuXu Year (Year of the Dog) gold and silver commemorative coins + First Day of Issue designation
- Modern coins applying for First Day of Issue designation must be received by PCGS Shanghai/Hong Kong office before 10 am on the first business day following the release date. Coins that are mailed to PCGS must be bearing a postmark date that is identical to the release date. Five coins minimum per order.
- If you’d like to apply for FirstStrike®, submissions must be delivered to PCGS office within the first 30 days of issue, or there must be a postmark dated within the first 30 days of issue. Five coins minimum per order.
- Special labels available for WuXu Year (Year of Dog) gold and silver commemorative coins issues; Coins must fit into a standard size PCGS holder, diameter of the coins must be less than 40mm.
- If you want to apply for a special label or FirstStrike® designation, you need to indicate which label you would like to use on the submission form, for example, by writing down "Dog Gold and Silver Commemorative Coin (Abundance of Wealth) + First Strike®”. If you want to apply for a First Day of Issue designation, you need to indicate on the submission form, for example, by writing down “Applying for First Day of Issue.”
- Individual application of special label or FirstStrike® designation charges 5 USD/piece, Individual application of First Day of Issue designation charges 10 USD/piece, while special label and First Strike® label together charge 10 USD/set, while special label and First Day of Issue label together charge 13 USD/set (based on the grading fee).
Please contact PCGS at [email protected] for bulk submissions.
Founded in 1986 by distinguished numismatic experts, Professional Coin Grading Service is the most respected coin authentication and grading company in the world and has offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Paris and the United States.
For additional information about PCGS and its services, visit www.PCGSasia.com or email [email protected].